This blog will be the central location for the media and online discussion used in this course. For example, let's start with a little video:
Hopefully by the end of today you will have some sense of what I would like us to accomplish this semester. Are you looking forward to it? If so, bonus points for me. If not, hang in there.
Here is some reading for next week's class:
- Pages 1-47 in Don't Be Such a Scientist
- This Chronicle article on science communication
- An article from The Scientist on Science Blogging
- Take this Zoomerang survey, and
- Add at least two items to our Google list of what we should all know as biologists