- Keep thinking about potential ideas for your 60 second videos. We will do some planning at our next meeting.
- Do you already realize that there is some area of biology that you should know better? That could make a great topic for your presentation later this semester.
- You can be scouting out a topic for your long-form blog post on some article from the primary literature. For some ideas on what this writing can be like, check out the posts at Not Exactly Rocket Science, an outstanding science blog by Ed Yong. Or you can model your post after the review articles found in journals like Nature. Check out this recent review from Nature's News and Views section on how mosquitos smell their human hosts (can be viewed on the AU network).
- Read chapter 4 in Don't Be Such a Scientist and be ready to discuss it in class when we get back.
- Look over the posts written so far by your colleagues for this class this semester, and take note of what you think are the best two. Leave a comment to this post naming what you think are the best two posts, or if you prefer, email your nominations to me. And don't forget to keep commenting on each other's posts.
What Happens in HIV
5 years ago