Here are your assignments for next week's class:
- Review your answers to the assessment exam and identify at least three questions that you would like to discuss in class this coming week. Look into the material relevant to the question before class.
- Identify a topic that you would like to cover in your 5-minute power point presentations. This should be a topic that you discovered that you could know better after taking the assessment exam. You will get additional guidelines for this presentation in class.
- I have emailed to you a link to a Google documents page with the start of a "What Every Biologist Should Know" list. I have added the first two items. Based on your review of the assessment test or your own experience, add at least three items to this list. These should be topics/concepts/specifics that you think anyone graduating with a bachelors degree in biology should know.
- Determine who your partners will be for your 60-second science video. It would also be great if you can start discussing topics for that video. I believe that two groups have already identified potential topics.
- And lastly, be thinking about a topic for your long-form blog post, due later this semester. As I mentioned in an earlier post, this project should be similar to the News and Views review articles found in the journal Nature, or the long form posts on Not Exactly Rocket Science, which are typically around 1000 words and explain the findings of one to three primary literature articles. You can focus on a topic that you know well and that interests you, or use this opportunity to learn more about a new area. We will discuss this project more in class this week.
And of course keep watching this and each other's blogs for new posts.