Next week in class you will be starting up your own blogs. In the meantime I would like you to read a bit about science writing and check out the science blogs that are already out there. Here is your assignment for our next class:
- Read chapter 2 in the Olson book.
- Read chapter 4 from Deborah Blum's Field Guide for Science Writers and be ready to discuss it next week in class.
- Read the 25 tips from the science writer at the Guardian.
- Read the single page on naming a blog.
- Start reading through some science blogs to find ones that you like, and ones that you don't like.
- Use Google Reader to start following your favorite blogs. This RSS reader will be important as you follow each other's blogs and when looking for post ideas. Add this blog to your Reader account, and be sure to check it often.
- Leave a comment to this post with the name of the best blog you find during the week and what it is about it that you like.